Market Research in Norfolk Island
Norfolk Island is an external territory of Australia. These Pacific islands lies between New Zealand and New Caledonia. The Territory of Norfolk Island (its official name) consists of three islands. These are Lord Howe Island, Phillip Island, and Nepean Island.
The people speak English and Norfuk. The Norfolk Islanders are the most common ethnic group within the islands. English Pitcairn Islanders and New Zealanders are some of the other ethnic groups. These islands are also home to Scottish, Irish, and Fijian settlers.
In addition, most of the islanders practice the Christian religion. The currency is the Australian dollar (AUD).
Tourism is the main industry, and it has grown over the years.
Food production is another key industry. Norfolk Island has banned the import of fresh fruit and veggies. Thus, the islanders grow local food, including beef. The island also has a winery.
Fish is the island’s only primary natural resource.
There is no large area of arable or permanent farmland on the island. But about a quarter of the island is permanent pasture—no irrigated land.
Kingston is the policy-making center of Norfolk Island. Hence, it is the island’s capital and the seat of the Norfolk Island Regional Council. Furthermore, Kingston is the second-oldest settlement in Australia. It came into being about a month after the founding of Sydney. It is part of the Kingston and Arthur’s Vale Historic Area, a world heritage site.
Burnt Pine is the main town and the island’s commercial center. The only road access on the island passes through the town center. So do you need to go from one side of the island to the other? Then you must pass through Burnt Pine.
The number of people living on Norfolk Island remains the same compared to previous years. Still, there has been an increase in people connecting to the internet. Providers have also seen a rise in people using social media. The major social media apps in use are Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn. There are also more mobile connections.
Benefits and Strengths in the Market
- Norfolk Island is now self-governing. It is thriving, though there are a few requests for help from the Australian government. The islanders are hard-working and have a strong work ethic.
- Some islanders have a solid ability to improvise and improvise. Also, to find solutions, be practical, and be flexible.
- There is a mature and well-known tourism product.
- It is now reinventing its own business for the future.
- The people in Norfolk Island are very generous, and they take care of each other.
Reasons to Grow Your Business in Norfolk Island
- There is growth in the economy.
- There are funding options for a range of different businesses.
- The state has good planning and investment.
- The state is looking to privatize public services to cut costs. In doing so, it can grow the private sector without cutting jobs.
- There is a current need for an outside airline company.
- The number of tourists continues to grow. This growth is due to reliable airlift and strong marketing campaigns.
- There is a trade agreement with Australia.
- The government offers help to small businesses via funding, education, and counseling.
About Market Research in Norfolk Island
Do you want to launch a company on Norfolk Island? If that’s the case, you’ve come to the right place. On Norfolk Island, we have set up companies in a variety of industries. We can also help you with quantitative, qualitative, and strategic research. To do business on Norfolk Island, you must first conduct research. As a result, we’ll use surveys, interviews, and other market research approaches. In that way, we can gather the data you and your company need. SIS will assist you in ensuring the success of your company.