Automotive Market Research in Europe
The European automotive market is a growing industry in which consumers have access to a wide range of manufacturers and vehicles. For this reason, this particular market must be continuously monitored to provide clients with reliable data and facilitate decision-making. It will help them invest wisely in one of the most important markets in the world.
Importance of automotive market research in Europe
The results of the automotive market research in Europe can assist businesses in understanding the factors that drive demand and supply, as well as the key players and competitors in the industry. Thus, companies can identify new opportunities and challenges such as changing consumer preferences and the increasing focus on electric and autonomous vehicles.
Particularly, these are some of the key benefits of automotive market research in Europe:
- Finding new business opportunities: The research can assist firms in identifying new business opportunities such as untapped markets or potential partnerships. As a result, companies can stay abreast of the latest industry trends and developments, enabling them to respond to changing market conditions.
- Research on consumer preferences: By analyzing the European automotive market, companies can evaluate consumer preferences and purchasing behaviors. It may be used to develop new products and services that meet the needs of European consumers.
- Identify potential growth areas: Automotive market research in Europe allows businesses to assess the competitive landscape of the European market as a whole, including the strengths and weaknesses of competitors.
- The analysis of sales trends: It provides companies with information about the sales trends of different types of vehicles. By employing this information, organizations are able to make decisions regarding investments, manufacturing, and marketing.
- Understanding of the regulatory environment: Companies can address government policies related to the automotive industry, providing them with a valuable resource for identifying potential opportunities or challenges in the industry.
Trends in the automotive market research in Europe
The European automotive industry has become a driving force for economic growth and prosperity in the region, and its market is expected to continue growing despite increased competition from North American and Asia Pacific carmakers.
It is anticipated that due to increased competition, European carmakers will focus more on the luxury market to differentiate themselves.
Moreover, carbon emissions reduction and government regulations have been increased to ensure compliance with new industry standards. As a result, trends in the development of self-driving and electric vehicles (EVs) will increase considerably.
Advances in autonomous driving technology are also likely to play a role in shaping the future of the automotive market in Europe. Therefore, automotive market research in Europe will increasingly focus on the use of clean energy and advances in the economy of scale for EVs.
- EV will change the landscape of the automotive industry and impact the automotive market research in Europe.
- Europe should utilize its position as a technology leader in the field of autonomous driving and connectivity.
- The possibility of incorporating artificial intelligence (AI) and the internet of things (IoT) in vehicles is an increasingly apparent possibility that would generate higher profits for companies. It will keep European carmakers relevant and satisfy the needs and expectations of consumers.
- This industry is particularly large and complex for market researchers to analyze. Therefore, keeping data up to date is complicated.
- Supply chain changes and rising operating costs will continue to affect the consolidation of suppliers. There have been an increasing number of electronic components and software content in vehicles across the globe that increases production costs.
- The transition from fossil fuel vehicles to EVs may entail a large investment for car manufacturers who must build new models to adapt to this new trend in the coming decades to remain competitive.
Main countries to analyze in the automotive market research in Europe
- UK: There is a wide variety of manufacturers in the UK such as Rolls-Royce, Jaguar, and Bentley. Thus, market research for the UK will rely on the developments reported by these companies to determine market trends. On the other hand, it is expected that due to the strict environmental regulations that the UK is adopting, more EVs will be introduced, while gasoline-powered vehicles may be less in demand in the future.
- Germany: German engineering and technology expertise is well known, and research on the German market should consider the technological advances presented by the companies that dominate this market such as BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Audi, and Volkswagen. Like the UK, the incorporation of improved vehicle technology and the switch to EVs may be one of the major considerations for research in the German automotive market.
- Italy: Italy is renowned for its luxury and high-end automobiles. There is a wide range of manufacturers in the Italian automotive market, including luxury sports car brands such as Ferrari, Lamborghini, and Maserati. Market research for the Italian automotive industry may focus on the luxury market and the expectations of its consumers to determine what features and technologies should be included in the luxury cars of the next few years.
Market leaders in the European automotive industry
Europe is home to numerous global players, which produce within Europe’s borders and compete on a global level, among them companies such as:
In automotive market research in Europe, these companies must be analyzed thoroughly as they are likely to be some of the trendsetters in this region and will impact the markets with their innovations and solutions to European consumer demand.
Future prospects for automotive market research in Europe
The automotive market research in Europe is expected to grow rapidly with new emerging technologies such as AI and IoT, especially with the shift to EVs and hybrid vehicles.
Furthermore, the usage of sustainable materials and recycling will play a critical role in the future of the automotive industry, with EU regulations and international agreements forcing companies to reduce their environmental footprint.
Additionally, research is also likely to focus on understanding the impacts of government regulations and policies on the automotive industry, and on identifying new business models and revenue streams for companies operating in the market.
SIS International offers Quantitative, Qualitative, and Strategy Research. We provide data, tools, strategies, reports and insights for decision-making. We conduct interviews, surveys, focus groups and many other Market Research methods and approaches. Contact us for your next Market Research project.
Contact us for your next Market Research Project.
- Email direct: [email protected]
- Contact one of our global offices