What is Home Shopping?
Home Shopping is Direct To Consumer shopping carried out from one’s own house in which goods that are promoted on the Internet, or on a television channel. Home Shopping has become popular in recent decades with the rise of the internet and efficient supply chains that allow goods to be cost effectively shipped directly to consumers.
Especially with Global Pandemics such as Coronavirus, Home Shopping can be an attractive marketplace for consumers worldwide. Market Research can help Home Shopping Networks to:
- Attract new customers
- Retain existing customers
- Launch new products
- Increase revenue
- Boost profits
- Home Shopping Network (HSN)
- Shop LC
About Home Shopping Market Research
Home Shopping Market Research uncovers the insights, data, tools and strategies to help companies to better serve customer needs. Home Shopping Market Research consists of the following solutions:
- Qualitative Research: Understand customer needs
- Quantitative Research: Measure customer preferences
- Strategy Research: Create advantage by understanding competition
- Concept and Product Testing: Test advertising and product features
- UX Research: Optimize your website and product features
What Home Shopping Market Research can uncover
- How much do customers spend on these types of items monthly?
- Do customers primarily purchase these items through home shopping channels, or do they also go back to brick and mortar stores or online retailers?
- What are the advantages to shopping through a home shopping channel over a traditional brick and mortar store or online retailer? What are the disadvantages?
- What motivates customers to purchase from a home shopping channel?
- Do customers already have a need when shopping from a home shopping channel, or is it more of an impulse buy?
- Are there any challenges customers face buying from home shopping channels?
- How do customers watch and/or purchase from home shopping channels?
- Cable (HD v. SD)
- Streaming, OTT, IPTV (i.e., Hulu, Roku, Samsung TV, etc.)
- When customers have purchased items from a home shopping channel in the past, do they typically call into the channel? Or, do customers purchase from the channel’s online store?
- Thinking about the different home shopping channels, what channels have customers seen and/or purchased from in the past?
- How important is price? What is the maximum price customers are willing to pay?
- Are there major differences between the home shopping channels? What benefits do each channel give customers?
- Which home shopping channel do customers like the best? Why?
- How important are product offerings, price, quality, TV personalities, programming variety, design, value and program hosts?
- How can Home Shopping networks boost customer loyalty?
- What is the customer journey? What channels and information resources do customers use?
- What suggestions do customers give to Home Shopping networks to get more of their business?