Fashion and Apparel Market Research
We live in a data-intensive age in which successful companies require instant information to make informed decisions. Fashion Market Research gives you the insight, intelligence, data, and analysis you need to make confident decisions.
- Millennials & Generation Z research
- Focus Groups with Customers and Non-Customers
- Affluent Market Research
- Competitive Intelligence
- Supply Chain Research
- Trend insights
- Customer Experience & Loyalty research
- BRIC Emerging Markets Apparel Insights
Apparel Research Solutions
SIS International Research for our experience in comprehensive Market Assessments, Consumer Behavioral and Attitudinal studies, Omnichannel Insights, Competitive Intelligence campaigns, Mall Intercepts, Focus Groups, Grey Goods studies and more.
We are also skilled in the “Fast Fashion” business model and new fashion subscription service models.
Our Market Research methodologies deliver cutting edge strategies to maximize your efficiency and effectiveness in the marketplace, unlocking the data and knowledge to build competitive advantages.
Apparel Market Research objectives
- Collect insights on consumers’ behavior and attitude towards the apparel and key brands.
- Gain insights into target consumers overall fashion needs across occasions and lifestyle and how it translates into their “apparel share of wallet”.
- Gain insights into consumers’ attitude and interaction with apparel in the mass segment versus premium and luxury brands.
- Understand the perception and relationship with key brands in order to determine:
- brands perception & relationship with self
- potential momentum & equity growth
- Identify key drivers of brand affiliation
- Gain insights into consumers’ cross-channel purchase behavior including a focus on digital and emerging channels.
Face-to-Face Apparel Research
- Print out of “selfies” taken by respondents (use as stimulus)
- Print out Brand Association Self Completion forms (for distribution)
- Wifi required to capture the group session
- An audio recording of the session.
- Post-it or small note cards
- Writing materials
Selfie Research and Homework Assignments
Participants can record a diary of their outfits using “selfies” over a period of 7 consecutive days. These selfies will be sent to moderators 3 days before their group session.
Attitude & Behavior Insights
- Sports/ Gym/ “athleisure”
- Leather goods e.g. bags, wallets, belts
- Department stores
- Premium Brand speciality store
- Multi-labels boutiques
- Fast fashion stores (retail/ online)
- “Off price” / Discount stores
- Online fashion shopping sites
- Peer-to-peer/ Social media
- Share of Wardrobe
- Customer Needs
- Information Sources
- Annual Spending
- Share of Wallet
- Forecast Spending
- Mass brand vs premium brand
- Competitive Set
- Online Channels
- Product Variety
- Value for money
About Fashion and Apparel Market Research
We’ve earned a reputation of excellence with over 35 years of marketing research experience. SIS International leads the way in market and consumer-based analysis in infant wear, children’s clothing, men’s and women’s wear, handbags, accessories, protective wear, garments, designer apparel, wovens, upscale merchandise, teen clothing and more. Our scope of research extends to the Americas, Europe, Asia, and beyond, as we strive to connect our clients with the broader world they seek to reach.