Lighting Market Research
Illuminating Insights on Lighting
As the world embraces Smart Home technology, SIS provides cutting edge customer insights on lighting.
- Attitudes and Behavior
- Customer Loyalty and Retention
- New Product Launches
- Customer Segmentation
- Product Testing
- Competitive Analysis
Lighting Market Research Methods
- Focus Groups
- In-Depth Interviews
- Online Focus Groups
- Online Communities
- Online Video Interviews
- Mobile Surveys
- Mobile Ethnography
- Homework assignments (e.g. photo diaries and sketching a map of their house and garden)
New Product Concept Testing
We test products with consumers. Our concept testing solutions uncover spontaneous associations and expectations. We have conducted Concept Testing on the following:
- Outdoor motion sensor and its features. They explained their first impressions and ideas about the concept.
- LED home lighting concepts
- Sensor lighting
- Home Safety
- Outdoor motion sensors
- Aesthetics / how it will work outdoors
Home Lighting Product Features
- Dusk to Dawn Feature
- Smart lighting
- Outdoor lamps
- Motion sensor lighting
- Holiday lighting
- Doorway and driveway lighting
Benefits, Feelings and Associations
- Feelings of Control
- Feelings of security
- Energy savings
Types of Lighting
We can ask a variety of questions to understand behavior, purchase and attitudes towards home lighting products:
- Where do customers get interior design inspiration?
- How does lighting fit in with your décor?
- What would be ideal smart home be able to do?
- Why do people buy lights? Who makes the decisions?
- What sources of information did you use? What influenced their decision as to what to buy?
- Where did you buy it?
- What other products did you consider?
- How do you use lighting with different moods?
- What do you do to de-stress?
- What time have you gone to bed at night?
- How long does it usually take you to fall asleep?
- How many hours of sleep did you get at night over the last month?
- Do you use lights to create a festive atmosphere?
- What comes to mind on hearing the word “nature”?
- How do natural lit effects (sunrise, sunset, firelight, Aurora Borealis) impact your mood?
- What comes to mind on hearing the word “natural”?
- How does the natural light change through their home over the day?
- Thinking about when you’ve sat round a fire, can they pick three words to describe it?