What is IT Decision Maker Research?
In IT Decision Maker Research, we conduct research with professionals at companies who influence purchasing and decision making in the company. This insight is very valuable, and can provide the catalyst to make key decisions. IT companies need to speak to Technology Decision Makers to:
- to understand business decision maker’s preferences and pain points.
- to understand buying processes, customer journey and patterns
- to test new products, ad campaigns, websites and concepts
- to understand changing market trends
- to uncover new opportunities and competitive movements
We conduct Qualitative, Quantitative and Strategy Research. In Qualitative Research, we examine the “why” behind decision making and provide observational insights. Managers can explain to our clients their processes and the products they use. Key qualitative methods include Focus Groups, Interviews and Office Ethnography. In Quantitative Research, we provide data on behaviors and purchasing. In Strategy Research, we examine the competitive landscape. Researchers use two types of methods to gather information: quantitative and qualitative.
Critical Considerations in IT Marketing Decision Making
IT decision-makers must base any marketing plan on the core fundamentals. It’s important to have access, skilled recruited, respect for the respondent’s time and an efficient methodology. Key topics in ITDM research can include questions about:
- Product: Companies have to decide what products they plan to offer in the future.
- Price: Product pricing plays a vital role in a customer’s decision to buy. Thus, the pricing structure is an essential consideration for IT decision makers.
- Place: In the marketing sense, “place” refers to the distribution of the product.
- Promotions: Company execs must consider how to communicate with others about the product.
Agile Sprints with IT Decision Makers
Increasingly, we conduct Agile Sprints with ITDMs. We conduct a rapid phase of interviews that tests a Minimum Viable Product (MVP), and provide that analysis to our clients, who then make refinements to their product concepts and advertising. The process repeats. The benefit is that clients can iterate new products with the guidance of customer feedback.
Benefits of ITDM Market Research