Youth and Social Media Market Research
- Conducted numerous focus groups in Shanghai on China’s Generation Y, born between the years’ 1980 and 1990. The research was published in the first book on this topic [China’s Generation Y, SIS International Research], and was distributed worldwide.
- Recruited, hosted and moderated 16- 18-year olds for a cell phone study to explore new features and benefits.
- Conducted several low-incidence focus groups in NYC among young minorities aged 17-24 for their opinions on joining the armed forces.
- Conducted extended ethnography in Shanghai households to study how Chinese youth interact with parents, use technology, pursue education, spend their leisure time and consume products
- Sponsored, published and promoted one of the first and most influential books on China’s Youth and China’s Generation Y
- Conducted focus groups among diabetic youth in NYC for a pharmaceutical clients
- Conducted SIS Netnography and In-Depth Interviews on a niche group of women aged between 18 and 25 to develop insights for a communications strategy.
- Conducted focus groups among young adults in NYC aged 18-25 for new product concept testing on laptops
- Conducted an online market research study at a prestigious American east coast university about athlete versus non-athlete perceptions towards a beverage product.
- Conducted focus groups among American students to analyze their perceptions on a private US university
- Conducted a global market research study of students to gain their perceptions of studying at an American university
- Conducted a study of students in China to understand behavior surrounding a foreign language exam
- Conducted for a major US university a youth attitudes recruitment of high school students, recently arrived in the US, who were probed on their attitudes toward oil exploration, refineries, and energy in general.