Baked Goods Market Research
In Baked Goods Market Research, we can achieve the following strategic priorities:
- Enhance the product portfolio
- Test new flavors
- Understand local tastes
- Create new messaging
- Evaluate New Product Concepts
- Improve a marketing campaign
- Optimize the marketing mix
What are Baked Goods?
Croissants are oven-baked and filled with tasty cream. Mini Croissants are ready-to-eat, have a soft leavened dough. The standard size croissants soft and filled version of the traditional European Croissant. They are extremely soft and stay fresh for a long time thanks to the naturally leavened and oven-baked dough.
Loaf Cakes are naturally leavened soft cakes which are oven baked and combine a buttery fluffy texture with crunchy tasty chunks, resulting in an enticing fusion of different textures and flavors. The plain version is ideal for breakfast, to slice for French toast or just to spread with marmalade or the preferred cream.
Pan de Oro are star-shaped golden cakes that are rich in butter and eggs and which have a fragrant and soft dough. Due to its shape and texture it is ideal as a base for creative recipe or simply accompanied with whipped cream or ice cream.
Cupcakes. This snack treat may have a colorful chocolaty topping and an hidden heart of tasty cream.
Panettone combines all the features of traditional Italian recipe in a salted way. Its soft buttery dough is the ideal base for preparing an American sandwich by slicing and stuffing it with the preferred ingredients. Naturally leavened and oven baked, it stays soft and fresh much more longer than bread.
Other varieties: Pound cakes, Hawaiian Bread, Sweetbread, Sweet Potato Bread, Sourdough, Bun Cake, Breakfast Bread and Dinner bread
What Baked Goods Market Research Uncovers
- Snacking Preferences
- Perceptions of baked goods
- Occasions and seasonality
- Flavor ranking
- Claims Ranking
- Buyer profiles and personas
- Pricing perceptions
- Shelf placement insights
- Customer segment data
We uncover the new concept likes and dislikes, Reactions to the product, Consumption occasions, Buying occasions, ideal Retail location and price perceptions. The testing can include exercises that evaluate tastes, likes and dislikes. What emerges is a comprehensive report, recommendations and areas of improvement.
What Baked Goods Market Research can achieve
- Evaluate whether reformulations are necessary
- Evaluate combinations of flavors
- Gain recommendations on how and where to launch new products
- Understand the customer journey
- Test variables such as texture of bread, taste of filling, toppings and smell
- Rank flavors and ingredients
- Gather category insights
- Develop a new strategic positioning
- Understand a thorough understanding of the competition
What Decisions Can Be Made
- Go To Market Strategy
- Many others
Baked Goods Market Research Methods
- Focus Groups
- Online Focus Groups
- Taste Tests
- Online Communities
- Video Interviews
- Sensory Market Research (e.g. EEG, Eye Tracking)
- Mobile Ethnography
- Secondary Desk Research