Methodologies such as Focus Groups allow for rich discussion and probing, which is unmatched in quantitative research.
Stimulation of new ideas, flexibility in the questions asked, and enhanced opinions are among the many advantages of conducting qualitative research. In group discussions, respondents are able to discuss their preexisting ideas as well as provide feedback on new information mentioned by fellow group mates.
Why Focus Groups?
Advantages of Focus Group Discussions include the following:
- Clarify and test pre-conceived notions and findings
- Understand met and unmet needs
- Hear customer feedback in their own words and voices
- Uncover ideas and issues that initially may nay not have been considered – but are important to the customer
- Discover the decision making process
- Have the flexibility to dive deeper into issues that come up during the discussion