Data Visualization Consulting
Obtaining information or data is no longer a slow and tedious process. No longer is data only found in encyclopedias or books in the community library. We are now in an era where loads of data or information are available at our fingertips. We risk information overload. We have to find ways to sort, compress, and use this newfound volume of information. There are several methods to transform this data. We can turn it into actionable, memorable, and usable information. One of these methods is Data Visualization.
What is Data visualization?
Experts describe Data Visualization as representing data graphically or visually. It is a means of allowing the brain to grasp information in a faster way. Data visualization shows relationships. It shows how the information presented relates to the result of a specific target or goal. In turn, it allows data analysis to happen more quickly.
Categories of data visualization
The five main categories of data visualization are as follows:
- Hierarchical: used to display clusters of information that stem from one single source. Common examples used are ring charts, tree, and sunburst diagrams.
- Temporal: This type of visualization is one-dimensional and linear. This category features lines that overlap with each other or that stand alone. Scatter plots, line graphs, and timelines all fall into this category.
- Multi-dimensional: These visualizations tend to show data that have two or more variables. These tend to be the most appealing or eye-catching methods. Examples include Venn diagrams, histograms, and stacked bar graphs.
- Network: Showing how one set of data connects or relates to other bits of information. This type uses little or no words to show relationships. Matrix charts, word clouds, and node-link diagrams show the connection between the networks.
- Geospatial: This category shows changes in sales over a specific period. It can show other changes, such as demographics or even acquisitions. Researchers drape familiar maps with different data points. These points represent real-time physical locations. Examples include Flow maps, Density maps, and heat maps.
Why managers need visualization in today’s fast-paced world
To be effective, managers need to understand information about their specific business. They also need the ability to manipulate this data into actionable information. One of these ways is mastering Data Visualization techniques. Placing complex data into a visual presentation has many advantages. It allows managers and their teams to comprehend the current state of the company. It assists in pinpointing patterns that are detrimental to the business. Data Visualization can also help executives in making informed decisions. They can come up with better strategies geared towards the success of the company.
Can Data Visualization Consulting make business more productive?
Information is power. What good is a power that you can’t use? Data transformed into actionable information can take a business to new, effective heights. Data Visualization lets you know where your company stands in the market world. It allows you to paint a picture of your future goals. It will assist not only management but also staff to work together to achieve the shared goals.
Data Visualization takes one from the usual dreary monotone voice in a meeting. It leads to engagement, input, and actions from your fellow team members. It allows people to be more involved in the outcome rather than be aloof and uninterested. It highlights information that is not easy to process. It gets rid of the large stack of papers and figures and appeals to a broader demographic.
Data visualization is the next logical step if you need to absorb information fast. It allows you to chart your next step to efficiency by helping you connect the dots. It also allows you to act on the information presented. Why? Because it reduces the time used to understand the data presented.
SIS and Data Visualization Consulting
We at SIS will ensure that you present your data well. We want you to be effective when giving complex data to your target groups. We will use the best type of visualization to encourage engagement: our methods aid fast decision-making and prompt responses from your target audiences.