Industrial Automation Market Research
Smart industry robot arms for digital factory production technology showing automation manufacturing process of the Industry 4.0 or 4th industrial revolution and IOT software to control operation .
What is Industrial Automation
Industrial automation uses robots and IT systems for managing machines and processes to replace human beings.
At first, its purpose was to decrease the cost related to human workers. Companies also used it to increase output. Today, though, the focus has shifted. Companies now use it to help them adapt to change. They are also using it to improve quality in the production process.
Automation is in almost all of today’s factories and shop floors. It’s hard to imagine a production line without it. We can divide it into three classes:
- Fixed: Firms often use this type for tedious tasks. It makes the process efficient and improves throughput rates.
- Programmable: This type is best for batches where the instructions change over time.
- Flexible: With this type, the firm can also convey changeovers via the control system. Thus, they’re fast and automatic. There’s also no need to adjust equipment between batches.
Why is Industrial Automation Important?
Every industry faces change and must manage it. In fact, these changes have boosted the demand for high-quality products and services. Since demand is high, production must increase to meet it.
Industrial Automation is important because it boosts production. It also reduces direct human labor costs and other expenses. Another benefit is that it improves product quality. It makes the product more uniform. Moreover, it increases the speed to market and enhances employee safety. In addition, it leads to the efficient use of materials. It enables shorter workweeks for labor and reduces factory lead times.
The main drawback is that it can displace workers, which can be a source of stress. They may have to learn new skills for their new roles. Workers may also have to uproot their families to find new work. Another drawback is the amount of capital needed to set it up. It also calls for more maintenance than manual operations.
Key Job Titles
Some of the jobs in this field are:
- Project Manager
- Product Manager
- Controls Engineer
- Sales Engineer
- Field Systems Engineer
- Automation Application Engineer
- PLC Programmer
Why Businesses Need Industrial Automation
Businesses need automation to streamline their processes. They can benefit from robots and other control systems. These systems reduce human error and save money. Labor-intensive, tedious jobs can cause workers to feel bored and distracted. Automation gives them respite from those tasks. It allows them instead to focus their attention and skills elsewhere.
Key Success Factors
- Design: You must have first-rate product design to make the most of Industrial Automation.
- Supply Chain: A supply chain that can work well and at the lowest possible cost is an asset.
- Location: Many industrial automation products are large in size. So, a location close to the end customer can lower costs.
- Processes: You need robust processes. This need increases as assemblies become more complex.
- Quality Checks: Your company needs to embed quality into the culture. Each worker must know why their part in the process is crucial.
- Aftermarket Services: You also need to customize aftermarket services. These services must fit your needs and those of your customers.
About Industrial Automation Market Research
The global surge in e-commerce is only now starting. Online shopping will continue to expand in the years to come. Ensure that you use Quantitative Research to make the most of it. Qualitative Research can guide you through it. You’ll also need Strategy Research for long-term planning. Engage with your future customers through Interviews, Surveys, and Focus Groups. The result will be the growth of your company and an increase in profits.